Bench Jeweler / Production Assistant
Start Date: 4/1/19
Corey Egan is hiring a Bench Jeweler/Production Assistant to support our jewelry studio. This position is part-time. This role is responsible for creating our signature line of sterling silver and 14 karat jewelry.
Corey Egan is a growing jewelry company based in Berkeley, California. Our business is a mix of wholesale, retail and e-commerce jewelry sales. We pride ourselves on having a current and efficient e-commerce store and cutting edge content marketing for our industry.
Some jewelry experience is required for this position. You must be comfortable using a torch and be able to clean castings quickly and efficiently. Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized with many small parts is required.
The Production Assistant will assemble finished pieces of jewelry based on our style manual and contribute to an organized and efficient studio. Your responsibilities will include:
You will be assembling finished pieces of jewelry based on our style manual. This includes cleaning castings, soldering chains, fabrication of earwires and clasps, polishing, tumbling, and some stone setting.
Pick up & Drop Offs
You will be sent to our vendors and retailers as needed to pick up and drop off projects in progress. You will take deliveries to the Post Office, UPS, and Fed Ex as needed.
You will use your eye for craftsmanship to check all jewelry and gemstones before submitting them to the office for shipment. You will help us improve the studio workflow and quality of our products.
You will keep track of the stock levels of our raw materials and castings. You will compile and submit requests for orders to the office.
You will keep the studio organized & tidy. You will have weekly cleaning duties including taking out the trash, sweeping the shop, and routine tool maintenance.
- Some jewelry production experience or jewelry schooling is preferred. Attention to detail and a willingness to learn are required.
- You must be comfortable working on precise, repetitive tasks such as sawing, measuring, drilling, filing and polishing.
- You must be comfortable using a torch and doing intermediate soldering skills such as soldering jump rings, earring posts, and chains.
- You are organized and are able to keep small materials, parts, and jobs sorted and accounted for.
- You have an eye for design and craftsmanship. You will detect and correct inconsistencies in small items.
- You’re a team player who is excited to contribute your skills and ideas to a growing brand.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
This position is paid, and compensation will depend on experience and trainability.
This is a part-time position of 15 to 18 hours per week.
This position has the potential to expand into more hours or a more involved role.
Our studio hours are Monday - Friday, 9am-5:30pm.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a short paragraph introducing yourself and what you'll bring to our team
- a few images of current & past work
- where you deserve kudos & any extra skills you possess
- your resume