Best Jewelry Boxes of 2016
1. TESORA JEWELRY BOX, SUNG WOOK PARK, ANTHROPOLOGIE, $48
Two beautifully crafted industrial materials merge in this container stack. It's the perfect place to store a few pieces on a bathroom vanity or console.
2. STOW IT JEWELRY BOX, SUNG WOO PARK, UMBRA - $60
Clean lines and clever drawers make this jewelry box as fun as it is functional. The felt lined pockets and ring slots make this a great place for your keepsakes.
3. LIZA WOODEN JEWELRY BOX, MELE & CO , $90
If you find your zen by organizing things neatly, you'll love the multitude of compartments in the Liza jewelry box. Each slot is perfect for keeping earring mates together and protecting softer stones like opals and pearls from scratching against neighboring gems.
4. GRAND LACQUER JEWELRY BOX, WEST ELM - $153
The center ring slots and deep swing-out drawers for bangles make this West Elm box a winner in my book.
5. ANTIQUE GOLD JEWELRY BOXES, POTTERY BARN - $129
Place your most artful pieces under a glass display. The engraved details along the golden frame add a touch of elegance.
6. SELMA JEWELRY BOX, CRATE & BARREL - $149
Clean contemporary lines, plenty of slotted ring storage and a light linen interior make this jewelry box a home-run.
7. SAIC VALET JEWELRY CABINET & MIRROR, CB2 - $249
Reduce visual clutter by storing large statement necklaces behind this functional mirror for your vanity.
8. TOULOUSE JEWELRY BOX, JONATHAN ADLER - $295
A wild speckled motif paired with the velvet lined interior (plus compartments! loads of compartments!) makes this jewelry box anything but ordinary.
9. HAMPTON BAY JEWELRY ARMOIRE , HOME DECORATORS COLLECTION - $319
A full size jewelry armoire provides ample storage for your fine jewelry, watches, and fashionable baubles too.
10. HARTFORD JEWELRY DRESSER , DOT & BO - $829
A modern day replica of the George Nelson jewelry console at a more conservative price. Pair it with a modern mirror to complete your favorite dressing nook.
QUICK TIPS FOR SAFE JEWELRY STORAGE:
- Slow the growth of tarnish on your silver jewelry by storing pieces in airtight ziplock bags
- Precious metal and gemstones [especially diamonds!] can scratch neighboring gems. Store soft pieces such as opals and pearls away from other items (try employing the ziplock method above)
- Create an itemized list of your collection for reference in the event of loss or theft